Demand-driven object loading (revisited)

Randy Shoup rshoup@tumbleweed.com
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:04:24 -0800

All --

  We have been using a modified version of omniORB_2.2.0, with an
on-demand object-loading extension written by Matthew Newhook.  We would
like to begin using 2.4.0 or 2.5.0 (in particular for the improved
support for _narrow()).

My questions are:

1.  Has anyone re-applied Matthew's changes to version 2.4.0/2.5.0, or
implemented a similar object-loading scheme with 2.4.0/2.5.0?

2.  What is the expected timeline for adding object-loading into the
main omniORB branch?  Sai-Lai suggested several months ago that support
for object-loading with application-defined variable-length object keys
would be one of the next things in the pipeline after support for Any.

Thanks,
-- Randy
Randy Shoup                                     (650)569-3682
Principal Engineer                              rshoup@tumbleweed.com
Tumbleweed Software Corporation