Port used by OmniORB

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:02:13 -0500

In Message <34E25292.1A12769A@tumbleweed.com> ,
   saintlou@tumbleweed.com (Emmanuel Saint-Loubert) wrote:

=>Hello,
=>
=>Beside the Naming Service (omniNames) for which I know how to set the
=>port at initialization, I am not sure how your implementation deals with
=>TCP/IP ports.
=>In other words when 2 CORBA objects talk to each other within OmniORB
=>which port(s) does it use (and does it use TCP or UDP). Is that
=>something I can control (since there could be a firewall issue). Any
=>details would be very much appreciated.

   Normally you will just get some random port, but you can use the
"-BOAiiop_port port" option in the argv you send to BOA_init() to set
it to any port you like. This is in the docs under the section entitled
"The OmniORB2 API".

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories