[omniORB] Re:

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:52:58 -0500

   My impression is that OmniORB expects implementation objects to be
allocated on the heap, have _this() called on them to get the object
reference, and boa->dispose() called on the object reference to get rid
of it. Putting implementation objects in automatic variables is likely
to confuse the BOA and the reference counting mechanism.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories

In Message <XFMail.981217222218.oleg_machulski@geocities.com> ,
   oleg_machulski@geocities.com wrote:

=>We receive the following message from within server implementation:
=>--------------------------
=>Warning: try to release an object with reference count <= 0.
=>Has CORBA::release() been called more than once on an object
=>reference?
=>--------------------------
=>CORBA::release() method is not used in the implementation code.
=>maybe this message is caused by using 'authomatic' variables, whose
=>type is implementation ?
=>
=>what can we do to avoid such messages?
=>
=>---
=>Oleg Machulski
=>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/7671/