[omniORB] JavaIDL and omniORB2

Jörg Narr jnarr@Comsys.DoFN.DE
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 07:51:45 +0000

--------------FA8494276321AD493F415665

Dear experts,

firstly I would like to thank you for the advice you gave to me.

I thought I give the newly released JDK 1.2beta3 a try since it
has the Corba packages built in. I just have one small problem:

Under:

http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/javaORBs.html

Ben Harris says that idltojava is pretty useless with omniORB
whilst under

http://www.orl.co.uk/~bjh/omniORB-JavaIDL-HOWTO.html

he explains how omniORB and javaIDL are working together.

The first URL is newer, so I suppose that the latter doesn't work
properly yet?

If there would be a chance to get them working what would be
the most easy way to contact omniNames - connect to the host
and read the file omniORB.cfg? To be honest I didn't properly
understand the description how to make them work together
totally.

Thank you again,

J=F6rg

--------------FA8494276321AD493F415665

begin:          vcard
fn:             J=F6rg Narr
n:              Narr;J=F6rg
org:            Frequentis Network Systems GmbH
adr:            An der Bundesstra=DFe 31;;;Immenstaad;Baden-W=FCrttemberg=
;88090;Germany
email;internet: jnarr@comsys.dofn.de
tel;work:       +49 7545 84766
tel;home:       +49 7531 34653
note;quoted-printable:Private Address:=3D0D=3D0A=3D
	=3D0D=3D0A=3D
	 Fasanenweg 17a,=3D0D=3D0A=3D
	 78464 Konstanz,=3D0D=3D0A=3D
	=3D0D=3D0A=3D