[omniORB] What's an Interface Repository?

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:41:42 +0100

> I'm new to CORBA & omniORB.  I noticed that one of the omniORB
> limitations is no support for an Interface Repository.  I can't seem to
> find this term in any of my CORBA materials.  What is it?

It is a service defined in CORBA to allow the client to find out the
details of an interface at runtime.

OmniORB does not have an Interface Repository and does not require one to
function properly. IMHO, most applications don't need it and its use should
be restricted to a very narrow area of application, e.g. in a debugger.

Regards,

Sai-Lai