[omniORB] Standard ?

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Wed, 08 Apr 1998 13:58:49 -0400

In Message <98Apr8.114528edt.11652-1@gateway.imagine-sw.com> ,
   boris@imagine-sw.com (Boris Khanales) wrote:

=>1.
=>I think most idl compilers will compile
=>this
=>interface A
=>{
=> void foo( void );
=>}
=>
=>into
=>void A::foo( Enviroment & )
=>
=>OMNI does it like this
=>void A::foo( void )
=>
=>Should it be Enviroment here?
=>

   From CORBA 2.0, section 16.16:

      Unlike the C mapping, C++ operations do not require an additional
      Environment parameter for passing exception information; real C++
      exceptions are used for this purpose. See Section 16.15, Mapping
      for Exception Types, and Section D.3, Without Exception Handling,
      for more details.

=>2.
=>Any plans to support long long -> CORBA:LongLong type ?
=>
=>3. Any plans to support/implement POA (Portable Object Adaptor) ?

   I can't speak to these. If so, I wouldn't expect them soon.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories