[omniORB] nameservice as NT-service and NT alpha port

Roland Kopetzky kopetzky@ike.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 15:44:27 +0200

Hi list,

for our projects we had to set up the omniORB nameservice as nt-service.

The nameservice itself seems to run quite stable now and works fine.

The current problem is, that the check (all 15 minutes) doesn't work,
but we hope
to fix this the next weeks.
It seems, that it's a problem of the different thread-model of an
nt-service.
Each call to omni_thread::self() (e.g. in the readerIn-function in
ReadersWritersLock.h)
throws an exception. It seems, that the omni_thread::init_t-function,
which sets the variable self_tls_index, never get called ...

Another problem is the port to NT 4.0 on alpha with VC++ 5.0.
After finding all the Gnu-Tools (esp. install.exe) the compilation of
the
libraries and executables has been no problem. Even the first
echo-example works.
But if the nameservice try to start, we get an "abnormal program
termination".
The same with echo 2 and 3 examples, the same with the nameservice
running on NT (intel).

Any help or comments are highly welcome :)
(Maybe there is anyone out there who had the same problems ...)

Thank you,

Roland :)
Dipl.-Ing. Roland Kopetzky
Institut f. Kernenergetik u. Energiesysteme d. Universitaet Stuttgart
Abteilung Wissensverarbeitung und Numerik
Postfach - 70550 Stuttgart                         II  KK  KK  EEEEEE
Pfaffenwaldring 31, D - 70569 Stuttgart            II  KK KK   EE
                                                   II  KKKK    EEEEE
Phone: +49 711/685-2135                            II  KK KK   EE
Fax:   +49 711/685-2010                            II  KK  KK  EEEEEE
E-Mail: kopetzky@ike.uni-stuttgart.de
WWW: http://www.ike.uni-stuttgart.de/~www_wn/leute/kopetzky/