[omniORB] FreeBSD ported, but a build environment glitch

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:54:15 +0100

Hi Russell,

Have a look at src/lib/omniORB2/sharedlib/dir.mk. We have a section
specific to each platform to build the omniORB2 runtime into a shared
library. The -fpic flag can be added like this:

DIR_CPPFLAGS += -fpic

The same applies to omnithread.

I suppose what you are after is a general rule to build shared
library. There is none. We have thought about producing such a rule but the
way shared library are build on different platforms, especially on NT, are
so different that we gave up on the idea.

> Really stupid question #2 (blushing), how do I invoke VeryCleanRule?

Try 'make veryclean'

> All of the examples work, with the possible exception of prio.

Great! Looking forward to see your patch!

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--
Dr. Sai-Lai Lo                          |       Research Scientist

E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND