OrbixWeb and OmniOrb

Nalin Stefano 308885/IF tikki@dei.unipd.it
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 09:45:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi Nicholas,

I think that the simplest way for an applet to get a IOR is by a URL
connection; that is, you save the omniNames's stringified IOR in a file
reacheble via the httpd, and then you open a DataInputStream, get the IOR,
and that's it. This is also the most portable way of accessing a Naming
Service, because it's completly indipendent from the implementation of
the ORB.

Best regards,
Stefano