omniORB on HPUX10.20

Andreas Lehmuehler A.Lehmkuehler@imech.com
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 09:02:07 +0200

Cary B. O'Brien wrote:

> > Has anyone succesfully build omniORB an HPUX 10.20 using hp's
> > c++-compiler?
> > I've tried it but I've got several internal problems with the compiler.
> >
> > Any hints or suggestions?
> >
> Sure --  make sure you have all the patches for the C++ compiler.
> We had a _heck_ of a time getting threading and exceptions
> to work.  Note that this was with HPUX 9.X, but it can't
> hurt to check, and was a different project.  I have not tried
> omniORB on HPUX.

The compiler generally works fine for me and we have applied every
important patch beeing available. But especially with omniORB it
produces some strange errors. There seems to be a internal compiler
problem within the initialization of virtual classes, which can't be
obviously resolved by adding a little hack in the sourve code. So I
hoped that someone else had been succesful on building omniORB on HPUX
10.20, perhaps using another compiler like gcc or any other little
trick.

Andreas
Andreas Lehmkuehler
EMail: A.Lehmkuehler@imech.com
Institut fuer Mechatronik  Tel.: 02841/101-262