HP-UX Port

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 14:21:00 +0100

> Does anyone know about omniORB2 under HP-UX 10.x (we're using HP-UX B 10.20
> A)? If so: where can I get the correct makefiles/configfiles or how can I
> do it on my own?

Several people have asked this question on the list and I have not heard
from anyone directly that a port is in progress.

If you are interested to give it a go, several points to note:

1. AFSIK, the pthread package that comes with HP-UX 10.x implements the
   rather dated pthread specification (draft version 4). This is the same
   draft version implemented by the pthread package on Digital Unix 3.2.
   You have to specify this in the make configuration file for HPUX. Consult
   <omniORB_2.2.0>/mk/alpha_osf1_3.2.mk for an example on how this is done.

2. The driver code in omniidl2 may need some attention.
   <omniORB_2.2.0>/src/tool/omniidl2/driver/{drv_fork,drv_preproc}.cc
   I'm not sure the code is using the fork() and wait() call on hpux
   correctly.

3. Use aC++.

4. Read the file <omniORB_2.2.0>/PORTING.

Good luck.

Sai-Lai Lo

--
E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND