Omniorb and Java IDL

Lars Immisch lars@ibp.de
Wed, 9 Jul 97 18:04:27 +0200

> Can OnmiOrb cope with Java (especially with the JavaIDL from JavaSoft on NT
> 4.0 ?)

The Orbs interoperate, yes. There is one known snag that Naming.idl must be
compiled with the #pragma prefix "omg.org" defined, otherwise the naming
services will not work interoperably, see one of my previous mails.

> Could the JavaToIDL compiler from JavaSoft JavaIDL be used with
> Omniorb ?

If JavaToIDL generates proper idl, then it should be no problem to generate
C++ stubs with omniidl2 from them. You can also talk to your Java objects from
an object living within omniORB2. Is this what you mean?

Cheers,

Lars