[omniORB-dev] omniORB: reserved identifier violation

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Nov 2 15:53:23 UTC 2023

On Sun, 2023-10-29 at 15:35 +0100, Markus Elfring via omniORB-dev
wrote:

> I would like to point out that identifiers like the following do not
> fit to the expected naming convention of the C++ language standard.
> * __CORBA_H__

This is not something we will change. In the CORBA standard, names
defined in IDL can start with any alphabetic character, but not
underscore. We therefore use names starting with underscores in places
like this, because it is guaranteed that they cannot clash with names
of things defined in IDL.

 -- Duncan Grisby --
  -- duncan at grisby.org --