[omniORB] dylib compatibility version missing on macOS

Benjamin Bertrand benjamin.bertrand at maxiv.lu.se
Fri Jan 26 14:29:39 UTC 2024

>> After compiling the new omniORB 4.3.2, I noticed that the
>> compatibility version is not set on the macOS dylib.

> Yes, you are right. The build should set the library compatibility on
> MacOS. I have made it do that in the 4_3 branch in svn. It is also in
> the latest snapshot at

Thanks!
I applied that patch on 4.3.2 and compiled. It looks good for all libraries except libomnithread:

$ otool -L libomnithread.dylib
libomnithread.dylib:
	@rpath/libomnithread.4.3.dylib (compatibility version 0.4.0, current version 0.4.3)
	@rpath/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1336.61.1)

That lib doesn't have a patch number and compatibility_version is set to .4 instead of 4.3.

Benjamin