[omniORB] Issue transfering double over the network on x86_64/arvm8

Benjamin Bertrand benjamin.bertrand at maxiv.lu.se
Tue Feb 7 10:18:04 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have been cross-compiling omniorb for Apple M1 and we haven't seen that issue.
When cross-compiling I had to use "--disable-longdouble" option, otherwise I get a compilation error:

In file included from ../../../../../include/omniORB4/CORBA.h:122:
../omniORB4/corbaidl_defs.hh:2076:66: error: no member named 'LongDouble' in namespace 'CORBA'
class LongDoubleSeq : public _CORBA_Unbounded_Sequence< ::CORBA::LongDouble >  {
                                                        ~~~~~~~~~^
../omniORB4/corbaidl_defs.hh:2085:71: error: no type named 'LongDouble' in namespace 'CORBA'; did you mean 'LongDoubleSeq'?
  inline LongDoubleSeq(_CORBA_ULong _max, _CORBA_ULong _len, ::CORBA::LongDouble* _val, _CORBA_Boolean _rel=0)
                                                             ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
                                                                      LongDoubleSeq

Could that explain that we haven't seen this issue?
Is that the correct thing to do?

Thanks

Benjamin

On 2023-02-05, 20:47, "Duncan Grisby via omniORB-list" <omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com <mailto:omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com>> wrote:

On Sun, 2023-02-05 at 14:13 +0100, Thomas Braun via omniORB-list wrote:

> Question: Is there a good workaround for people not able to recompile
> omniORB?
>
> From looking at the code above I would say adding
>
> #ifndef __VFP_FP
> #define __VFP_FP
> #endif // __VFP_FP
>
> before including omniORB header files should do the trick or?

No, that is not sufficient. There is code that is compiled into the
omniORB libraries that depends on that definition too. The only way for
a complete fix is with recompiled libraries as well as recompiling the
application code.

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org <mailto:duncan at grisby.org>>