[omniORB] [External] Re: OMNIORB compiled in gcc 4.8.3 version is leaking memory

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Oct 23 17:14:28 BST 2018

On Mon, 2018-10-22 at 17:16 +0000, Sendil_Natarajan at amat.com wrote:

[...]
> [Sendil] - Our code is very simple and a snapshot of which has been
> shared below. We got confirmation from Orbix that it is an issue with
> the CORBA thread management which doesn't release memory after
> executing a request and it with holds that memory for performance
> benefit.

I can't speak for Orbix, but omniORB does not do any such thing.

[...]
> The common factor is your code, not the fact that both omniORB and
> Orbix developers have read the same specification documents and
> implemented them.
> [Sendil] - It is really strange to see that both Omni and Orbix
> exhibited the behavior. We did through analysis on our code part and
> we couldn't find anything abnormal in our code. So, we believe it is
> something to do with some common CORBA library stuff that both Omni
> and Orbix uses.

There is no "common CORBA library stuff". Orbix and omniORB are totally
separate. They share no code.

[...]
> That said, if you can share a minimal example program that exhibits
> the leak, it can be looked into. At the moment, there is nothing but
> a vague description of the problem.
> [Sendil] - Please see the snapshot of our code

That is not a complete example program. It is not even valid C++.
Please come up with a COMPLETE program that shows the problem. Attach
all of it, don't cut-and-paste some excerpts of the code.