[omniORB] [External] Re: OMNIORB compiled in gcc 4.8.3 version is leaking memory

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Oct 2 15:55:42 BST 2018

On Mon, 2018-10-01 at 06:34 +0000, Sendil via omniORB-list wrote:

> As per your suggestion we built the Omni using the latest Omni 4.2.2
> libraries in gcc and tested it. We are still seeing the memory growth
> issue. Our product has two versions one uses Omni and the other using
> Orbix. We tested the same scenario in Orbix to see if it’s a Omni
> specific or general issues in CORBA. As we expected, we did see the
> same memory growth in Orbix too, and that confirmed that this is
> something to do with the common CORBA thing.

I would say that that is actually good evidence that the problem is in
your usage of omniORB and Orbix, not in both of the CORBA
implementations. Why would two totally separate CORBA implementations
that share no code have exactly the same memory leak bug?  The common
factor is your code, not the fact that both omniORB and Orbix
developers have read the same specification documents and implemented
them.

That said, if you can share a minimal example program that exhibits the
leak, it can be looked into. At the moment, there is nothing but a
vague description of the problem.

Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org>