[omniORB] OMNIORB compiled in gcc 4.8.3 version is leaking memory

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue May 8 18:12:42 BST 2018

On Thu, 2018-05-03 at 07:08 +0000, Sendil via omniORB-list wrote:

> I have a CORBA based client and server created using OmniORB. My Omni
> version is 4.2.0 (libomniORB420.a) and I have built the Omni using
> gcc version GNU gcc-4.8.3. I’m running the Omni in AIX 6.1 platform.

Why are you using 4.2.0 when 4.2.2 is available?

Regardless, there have been some changes since 4.2.2 to the AIX build
that may be relevant. There is nothing specifically related to a memory
leak, but there were previously some incorrect build options.

Please try the latest snapshot from here:

http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/snapshots/omniORB-4.2-latest.tar.gz

Does that still show the problem?