[omniORB] DSI and DII based proxy

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Mar 30 23:05:16 BST 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-29 at 19:59 +0000, Marcin Karkocha via omniORB-list
wrote:

> Hi all. I'm trying to achieve something like transparent (or partly
> transparent) proxy using DSI and DII methodology. I seen articles
> that someone do it before me but code is not available then is hard
> to found how. I start development and stuck in moment where DII
> client need from my site to register return type for remote call and
> actually as it must be full transparent and not dependent of
> client/server site I haven't knowledge about this type. When I'm
> trying to  use types like _tc_any or _tc_TypeCode, but it say me that
> IDLs are not compatible.

Can you explain what exactly you are trying to do, and why?

CORBA calls do not carry complete type information with them, so a
proxy using DSI and DII, or any other mechanism for that matter, must
know the IDL in use, either statically or dynamically from an Interface
Repository.