[omniORB] CORBA server on Docker container

Peter Danziger p_danziger at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 12:27:57 BST 2018

Hi,

I want to run an OmniOrb Corba server in a Docker container on Windows. A the moment I have a small testing scenario with a Docker host, a Docker container with the CORBA server and a client machine. The CORBA server runs on port 9900 of the container which is mapped to the same port on the Docker host.

On my client machine, I use a corbaloc URL with the name of the Docker host, to get  an object reference to the Corba server. This works fine and it is possible to call Corba functions.

But the server has a CORBA function, which returns an object reference. If the client calls this object reference, it gets a TRANSIENT exception.

I think the reason is, that the Corba server uses the IP address  of the Docker container which cannot be resolved by the client machine.

Is it possible to tell the ORB to use a given IP address (the address of the Docker host) for object references?

Is there any documentation how to user OmniOrb in a container environment?

Thanks for help

Peter Danziger