[omniORB] how to set the argument "-ORBInitref" in namingservice on vxworksplatform

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jun 7 17:08:06 BST 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-30 at 18:50 +0800, Tonny.W via omniORB-list wrote:

> The following code is how I set the arguments and options in the file
> "omniNames.cc":

> void *CNamingService::void *CNamingService::run_undetached( void * )

[...]
>    argv[1] = "-ORBendPoint";
>    argv[2] = m_pszPort; //m_pszPort="giop:tcp:127.0.0.1:5000"
>    const
> char*options[][2]={{"InitRef","NameService=cobaname:iiop:127.0.0.1:50
> 00/Nameservice"},{0,0}};

I'm confused. Or rather, I think you are. I think you are saying that
this is what you have done to the startup of omniNames. omniNames is
not the thing that needs to be told where the naming service is -- it
IS the naming service!  It is the clients to omniNames that need to be
told how to contact the naming service.

[...]
> The following is the exception when I compile and excute the example
> "eg3_impl.cc":
> Caught corba::OBJECT_NOT_EXIST.

Did you give eg3_impl the same configuration as you show above with the
InitRef parameter?  If not, it must have picked up a configuration from
somewhere else. If you _did_ give it that configuration, the problem is
that you have specified it wrong. The correct syntax for the URI is
either:

  corbaname:iiop:127.0.0.1:5000

or

  corbaloc:iiop:127.0.0.1:5000/NameService

Note the capital 'S' on 'Service'.

Is there a good reason for using the non-standard port 5000, rather
than the standard CORBA naming service port of 2809?

Do you in fact need the naming service at all?  What are you going to
use it for?