[omniORB] Windows 7 VS 2015 build fail

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Jan 31 09:59:31 GMT 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 03:49 +0000, Cyunkai via omniORB-list wrote:

> I have reinstalled Python to let its path matches the need
> (C:\Python36\python).

No, you haven't.

Your screenshot shows that you have (strangely) installed it in
c:\Python36\python, meaning the executable is
c:\Python36\python\python, meaning the Cygwin path version is
/cygdrive/c/Python36/python

The PYTHON make variable needs to be set TO THE PYTHON EXECUTABLE. Not
the directory the python executable is in.

> Both Cygwin and Python installed are 32bit version.

I hope you want to build a 32 bit version of omniORB then. The Python
machine architecture must match the machine architecture you are
building omniORB for. Cygwin doesn't matter.

[...]
> make[3]: /cygdrive/c/Python36/python: Command not found

Is that not a clue that the python command was not found?!