[omniORB] Fix parameter parsing for omniOBpy setClientCallTimeout, setClientThreadCallTimeout, setClientConnectTimeout

Glen Walker glen at walker.gen.nz
Wed Jan 31 03:32:48 GMT 2018

The C++ API for omniORB contains the functions

namespace omniORB {
  void setClientCallTimeout(CORBA::ULong millisecs);
  void setClientCallTimeout(CORBA::Object_ptr obj, CORBA::ULong millisecs);
  void setClientThreadCallTimeout(CORBA::ULong millisecs);
  void setClientConnectTimeout(CORBA::ULong millisecs);
};

and the Python API for omniORB contains the corresponding functions

omniORB.setClientCallTimeout(millisecs)
omniORB.setClientCallTimeout(objref, millisecs)
omniORB.setClientThreadCallTimeout(millisecs)
omniORB.setClientConnectTimeout(millisecs)

however omniORBpy is parsing the millisecs parameter as a signed integer
instead of an unsigned long. This leads to incorrect timeouts if values
over 2^31 - 1 are used. Admittedly this is only a problem for timeouts of
over 24.9 days, which should be uncommon, and we only noticed the issue
when debugging a problem where we had multipled a timeout in seconds by
1000 more that once.

Attached is a patch to fix the issue. Note that it uses "k" to parse the
unsigned long, which was introduced in Python 2.3, and will be a problem if
omniORBpy still supports earlier versions.

Cheers,
Glen