[omniORB] Intermittent assertion during ORB thread creation

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Aug 21 16:19:59 BST 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 10:31 -0400, Mike Cunha via omniORB-list wrote:

> Intermittently, I will get an omniORB assertion failure during ORB
> thread creation. It is not specific to one address space on my
> system.
>
> Here is the error message:
> omniORB: (1): Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the
> application
> using omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
> file: giopServer.cc
> line: 986
> info: 0

That means it unexpectedly failed to handle a readable connection. As
the comment in the code says, it "should never happen". If it can't
start a thread at that stage, it should queue the request.

Can you run with -ORBtraceLevel 25 and reproduce the issue?

What kind of system is this?  Does it have a very limited amount of
memory?  Is it 32 or 64 bit?