[omniORB] using cmake to build omniORB

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Apr 20 11:37:11 BST 2017

On Fri, 2017-04-14 at 09:32 +0000, Titus von Boxberg via omniORB-list
wrote:

> Could there be a consensus to switch the build system to CMake?
> What other conditions would have to be met?
> What objections do you see against this switch?

omniORB's build system is definitely rather over complex, with some
historical baggage associated with it. On the whole it works fine,
though, so I don't see it as a huge priority to change it.

If you can provide a CMake based build and demonstrate that it has
clear advantages over the current scheme, and still supports all the
strange old platforms supported in the current system, we could
definitely switch to using it.