[omniORB] Change port from 8004 to 8005 under python 2.7.x

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Mar 30 12:07:28 BST 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-16 at 13:57 -0700, John Nevius wrote:

> I've been successfully using the Python omniORB libraries
> communicating over port 8004.  A different network configuration
> requires me to use port 8005.
>
> Can someone offer me a pointer about how to configure this?

omniORB doesn't have a default port itself. The code you are using must
be setting it. There are various ways you can set the port to listen on,
but all come down to setting a suitable endPoint parameter:

http://www.omniorb.net/omnipy42/omniORBpy/omniORBpy006.html#toc32

Somewhere, your system will be setting endPoint to something like
"giop:tcp::8004". It might be injected into the command line, or set in
an environment variable, or in an omniORB.cfg file or, on Windows, in
the registry:

http://www.omniorb.net/omnipy42/omniORBpy/omniORBpy004.html