C++ server bug - valuetype as in argument & valuetype as exception class member

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jan 4 10:50:13 GMT 2016

On Wed, 2015-12-30 at 09:42 +0100, Michal Strnad wrote:

[...]
> My C++ server is based on this IDL file. When I call Bug::Demo::call for
> the first time it throws exception Bug::Demo::WRONG_DATA. It's correct.
> But when I call it for the second time it throws CORBA::UNKNOWN exception
> and for the third time it doesn't return and server and client consume one
> core of CPU each.

If you look at the log from the server side, you'll see that it is
getting an assertion failure. It is indeed a bug in omniORB to do with
some circumstances of exceptions containing valuetypes.

I have attached a patch that fixes it. I'll check it into the 4.2
branch.

Thanks for the bug report.