omniorb 4.2.0 compilation error

Sendil_Natarajan at amat.com Sendil_Natarajan at amat.com
Wed Sep 23 10:09:32 BST 2015

Hi All,

I have built 64 bit omni libraries using omniorb.4.2.0. Im using the library and omni include files in my application. When I compile my application, it gives error saying

"/usr/local/omniorb.4.2.0/include/omniORB4/CORBA_sysdep_auto.h", line 86.13: 1540-0848 (S) The macro name "SIZEOF_WCHAR" is already defined with a different definition.

"/usr/local/myapplication/src/lib/port/xlC/compiler.h", line 18.9: 1540-0425 (I) "SIZEOF_WCHAR" is defined on line 18 of "/usr/local/myapplication/src/lib/port/xlC/compiler.h ".

It seems that the macro SIZEOF_WCHAR definition conflicts with the one defined in my local application. What is the approach to fix this issue. I can change the definition in my code as it will make my application unstable. Please let me know how to resolve this? is changing the definition of SIZEOF_WCHAR in CORBA_sysdep_auto.h to match with my application is recommended?

Thanks,

Sendil