Tic Tac Toe example don't work :(

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Sep 22 14:46:47 BST 2015

On Sun, 2015-09-20 at 16:22 +0200, szyk100 wrote:

> I am try to compile python example from:
> http://www.grisby.org/presentations/py10code/tutorial.tar.gz

[...]
> RuntimeError: Calling Tcl from different appartmenty", line 514, in
> tkloop
>     browser.master.mainloop()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1073, in mainloop
>     self.tk.mainloop(n)
> RuntimeError: Calling Tcl from different appartment

Sorry, that example was written 13 years ago, and since then Python's Tk
interface has changed the rules about how threads access Tk things. If
you want to fix it you'll have to learn how to safely use Tkinter with
threads.

To be honest, I don't think it's worth the trouble, because nobody uses
Tk any more, do they?