[omniORB] want to remove unecessary dependence on OmniORB

Yale Zhang yzhang1985 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 23:13:39 BST 2015

OmniORB developers, the application I'm working on has multiple client
interfaces. One is through CORBA and the other is intra process/
shared memory. When building a DLL for only intraprocess use, I'd like
to drop the need to link against OmniORB.

I think this should be doable because my dependence on CORBA is
trivial - I only use the generated enums, but don't call any stub
functions.

But I still get tons of unresolved link errors. By adding

#define __rtems__
#define __FINALCLEANUP_H__

I was able to remove the  references to omni_thread::init_t
omni_thread_init and _omniFinalCleanup _the_omniFinalCleanup, but the
following references remain:

1>2d_block_sums.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __cdecl CORBA::Any::~Any(void)" (??1Any at CORBA@@QEAA at XZ)
1>2d_block_sums.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __cdecl CORBA::TypeCode_member::~TypeCode_member(void)"
(??1TypeCode_member at CORBA@@QEAA at XZ)
1>2d_block_sums.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static void __cdecl CORBA::IDLType_Helper::release(class
CORBA::_objref_IDLType *)"
(?release at IDLType_Helper@CORBA@@SAXPEAV_objref_IDLType at 2@@Z)
1>2d_block_sums.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static char const * const
_CORBA_String_helper::empty_string"
(__imp_?empty_string at _CORBA_String_helper@@2QEBDEB)

I've tried OmniORB 4.2 and 4.07. Any hope for these versions?  If not,
I'd like to request that these  dependencies be removed in future
versions if possible.

Thanks,
Yale