[omniORB] Basic simple question. Can two or more references to different ORBS coexist?

evgeni.rojkov at durr.com evgeni.rojkov at durr.com
Fri Jan 16 12:42:26 GMT 2015

Hello Ramon,
looking in the CORBA::ORB_init() implementation in  corbaOrb.cc (ominORB 4.1.7) you will see single instance (the_orb) having reference counting.
So parametrization could be done ones.
But there is no limitation having/accessing servants on all available hosts/ports.
You could access different NameService(s) with omni::omniURI::stringToObject(nameServiceUri) also.

Best regards,
Evgeni Rojkov

CORBA::ORB_ptr
CORBA::ORB_init(int& argc, char** argv, const char* orb_identifier,
                        const char* options[][2])
{
  omni_tracedmutex_lock sync(orb_lock);

  if( the_orb ) {