[omniORB] Omni Client error

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Apr 16 14:51:19 BST 2015

On Tue, 2015-04-14 at 13:11 +0000, Sendil_Natarajan at amat.com wrote:

> I have omni based server and client. I have started my omniServer and
> when I use the client to connect with it, the client is throwing
> exception with the below message “Failed to connect (no peer name)”.
> I’m running both my server and client in same windows 7 machine.

That means that the client couldn't connect to the server. In
particular, when it called getpeername() to check the state of the
connection, that failed. Since the server is on the same machine, it
can't be a network error, so there must be something wrong with the
networking configuration somehow.

How are you configuring the client to contact the server?

Try running both client and server with -ORBtraceLevel 25 . That will
give lots of useful output about what's going on.