[omniORB] Enabling ZIOP makes resolving the NameService fail

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Apr 10 17:42:37 BST 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-24 at 19:45 +0100, Ruben Smits wrote:

> I'm currently testing the ZIOP feature. I got it perfectly working by
> using
> omniZIOP::setGlobalPolicies(CORBA::PolicyList());

Sorry for taking ages to reply to this...

[...]
> omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application
> using omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
>  file: omniZIOP.cc
>  line: 937
>  info: pvseq.length() == 2

The assertion is correct. It's spotting that the connection state has
been mis-handled earlier. The connection thinks it can support ZIOP,
when actually it can't. The assertion is checking that a compressor has
been chosen, which should always be the case for a connection that
really can support compression, but isn't the case here.

I've attached a small patch that fixes it. I'll check it in to trunk.