[omniORB] Running omniNames and omniEvents on the same box with specific endpoints

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Apr 10 14:41:16 BST 2015

On Fri, 2015-04-10 at 08:59 +0200, Alexander T wrote:

> I've had some trouble with omniORB listening to ipv6 addresses by
> default. I would like it to prefer ipv4. I first tried setting up
> gai.conf to prefer ipv4, but this didn't seem to force omniORB off
> ipv6.

Is the problem really that it is listening on IPv6?  By default, omniORB
listens on all network interfaces, both IPv4 and IPv6, so it is more
likely to be a problem that it is publishing an IPv6 address in its
object references.

You can force it to publish an IPv4 address (if there is one) with
-ORBendPointPublish:

omniNames -start -ORBendPointPublish ipv4