[omniORB] Is it possible to narrow to a local implementation?

Luke Deller ldeller at iress.com.au
Wed Sep 24 00:11:45 BST 2014

Hi Ramón,

> On 24 Sep 2014, at 3:22 am, "Ramón Talavera" <ramon.talavera at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to 'narrow' a _ptr or _var instance to a concrete implementation, I mean, obtain the real implementation of the wrapped-around-by-corba so that I communicate with it through the 'local' interface?

This only makes sense within the same process that hosts the CORBA object. It can be done by calling a method of the POA called reference_to_servant.

Regards,
Luke.
Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of IRESS Limited.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto any computer system.
IRESS Limited does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.