[omniORB] Unrecoverable error for this endpoint: > giop:tcp:, it will no longer be serviced.

Ramón Talavera ramon.talavera at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:29:55 BST 2014

As an alternative answer to that given by Duncan in year 2006 (*Mon Jan 30
11:46:46 GMT 2006) *(long time), if we set the following scenario:

1- Launch a servant (registering it in the NameService and creating its POA)
2- Connect to it with a client
3- Close the servant down
4- Launch same servant again (1)
---> we get here an *unrecoverable error for this endpoint:**
giop:tcp:x.y.z.k:p,
it will no longer be serviced.*

*As stated in the document "The Basics":*

*Failing to activate the POA is one of the most common programming
mistakes. If your program appears deadlocked, make sure you activated
the POA!*

That may mean that one secondary* common mistake is to forget to deactivate
the POA* once the servant has been taken down. An in fact that is one of
the main reasons to get that error.

Call *deactivate_object* for the previous poa before launching the new
servant.