[omniORB] acknowledgeAlarm throws BAD_PARAM

corcompsci compsci corj87 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 11:41:40 BST 2014

Hello Everybody

I am trying to use the acknowledgeAlarm from the EMS Manager.

And I keep getting the error as follows

omniORB: throw BAD_PARAM from pyMarshal.cc:*546 *
(NO,BAD_PARAM_WrongPythonType)

or sometimes when I modify the input a little bit

omniORB: throw BAD_PARAM from pyMarshal.cc:*1056 *
(NO,BAD_PARAM_WrongPythonType)

it looks like it doesnt like the format of the input that I am giving it...

In the emsMgr_idl.py I found the line below...

EMSMgr_I._d_acknowledgeAlarms = ((omniORB.typeMapping["IDL:
mtnm.tmforum.org/notifications/AlarmAndTCAIDList_T:1.0"],
omniORB.typeMapping["IDL:mtnm.tmforum.org/globaldefs/NVSList_T:1.0"]),
(omniORB.typeMapping["IDL:
mtnm.tmforum.org/notifications/AlarmAndTCAIDList_T:1.0"], ),
{_0_globaldefs.ProcessingFailureException._NP_RepositoryId:
_0_globaldefs._d_ProcessingFailureException})

so the parameters are of the type *AlarmAndTCAIDList_T*, NVSList_T.

but I do not know how to create *AlarmAndTCAIDList_T *type parameter...

I believe the NVSList_T is a (name,value) list containing the information
abt the person who acknowledges the alarm, so that is not a problem. the
problem I think is with the *AlarmAndTCAIDList_T *

I tried to format the input to this parameter in different
ways(list,dict,object,object in a dict,object in a list etc) nothing seems
to work.

Could someone please let me know what is the exact format of the input that
is to be given to the first parameter of this acknowledgeAlarm function...

Thanks in advance...

Corj