[omniORB] Corba slow

Jingdong Sun jindong at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 11 18:10:22 GMT 2014

Hi, there,

I experience some corba slowness when using corba with RH7?

I am using omniORB 4.1.6 with following setup (other config related to
thread and connection all take default):
-ORBacceptBiDirectionalGIOP,1,
-ORBofferBiDirectionalGIOP,1,
-ORBthreadPerConnectionPolicy,1,
-ORBthreadPerConnectionLowerLimit,40,
-ORBthreadPerConnectionUpperLimit,50,
-ORBthreadPoolWatchConnection,0,

RedHat 7.0 x86_64 version 2.4.5

The slowness I noticed is when client trying to call to server, some times
it hang there for tens of seconds to several minutes before timeout and
retry (2nd retry generally work).
For RH 6.x, I did not notice this, or at least not happened this often and
noticeable.

Any suggestion to fix this...I feel that some config settings may help
here, but I do not know what.

Thanks.
Jingdong Sun
InfoSphere Streams Development