[omniORB] Corba::String_member

Immanuel Litzroth immanuel.litzroth at cloudfounders.com
Wed Nov 5 23:03:40 GMT 2014

I'm looking at this code in stringtypes.h

>inline _CORBA_String_member& operator=(char* s) {
>   _CORBA_String_helper::dealloc(_ptr);
>   _ptr = s;
>    return *this;
>  }

I'm a bit confused why it deallocates _ptr. I have a struct which is
initialized with String_members.
I've got a const char* I want to put into them. My only route seems to be
to create another String_member or String_var and then one of these
assignment operators?
  inline _CORBA_String_member& operator=(const _CORBA_String_member& s)
Or am I missing the correct idiom here?
Regards,

*Immanuel Litzroth, principal software engineer*
CloudFounders
Tel: +32 9 355 34 16
Support: +32 9 324 25 66

[image: CloudFounders, Innovators in Cloud Technologies]
<http://www.cloudfounders.com/>
www.cloudfounders.com | www.cloudframesvrun.com