[omniORB] omniORB-4.1.6 build fails with unresolved references when linking omniDynamic416_rt.lib

Grimes, Mark mark.grimes at hp.com
Thu Sep 19 15:23:05 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm attempting to build omniORB-4.1.6 on Windows 7 32-bit.
I'm using the gnu-win32-lite.zip from sourceforge.net

I get the following error when using C++ 10 and C++ 11 when it attempts to create the library shared/omniDynamic_rt.lib and object shared omniDynamic416_rt.exp

Namingdynstub.o : error LINK 2001: unresolved external symbol "public : __thiscall _omniFinalCleanup:: omniFinalCleanup(void)"

The error is repeated for a number of object files.

I guess I need to link in another library?
Any idea which one and which file I need to update?

Cheers,
Mark Grimes
SVC Info Developer II
UK Public Sector (UKPS)
ABS Secure Capabilities
Hewlett-Packard Company

+44 1256 742566/ Tel
mark.grimes at hp.com<mailto:mark.grimes at hp.com> / Email
1-3 Bartley Wood Business Park,
Hook, Hampshire RG27 9XA
UK

HP Enterprise Services UK Ltd
Registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HN
Registered no: 53419 England
VAT number: 432 99 5915
The contents of this message and any attachments to it are private to HP and may be legally privileged.  If you have received this message in error, you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender. To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated you should consider this message and attachments as "HP proprietary information".