[omniORB] OmniNames fails to start

Battista, Richard M richard.m.battista at boeing.com
Tue Sep 17 20:56:51 BST 2013

Hello,

  During the installation of RedHawk in section 2.6 at http://redhawksdr.github.io/Documentation/mainch2.html#x4-120002.6 I receive an error when executing "sudo /sbin/service omniNames start".  The message shows

Starting omniNames                                                 [FAILED]

I am running CentOS ver 6.  I have followed the instructions for installation as described in this section.  This includes editing the omniORB.cfg.  I checked for typos.   The RedHawk IDE functions correctly except when trying to start the device manager.  The following message appears in a pop up:  "Doman Launcher" has encountered a problem.  The file does not exist for the external tool named Doman Manager REDHAWK_DEV.  I assume this has something to do with not being able to start omniNames.  If I'm wrong disregard.

The computer is stand alone and not connected to a network.  Centos was installed, then the rpms for redhawk.  I checked and port 2609 is not being used.  I manually checked that all the dependencies are correct as shown in appendix C.2 at: http://redhawksdr.github.io/Documentation/mainap3.html#x29-344000C.2

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Rich