[omniORB] Run Time Error Omniorb4

Stacey Van Colen stacey.van.colen at skyline.be
Tue Nov 5 08:15:11 GMT 2013

Hello,

We have multiple systems that use the same program code that uses a custom dll that on his turn then uses the Omniorb4 dll, on all but one this runs smoothly.
The one system that gives problems throws run time errors after a certain amount of time. This can be 30 minutes or 2 days.
There are several elements on each system that all use the same dll.

With logging we saw that the problem occurred in one of the two following lines of code:

CORBA::Object_var obj  =  orb->string_to_object(corbaloc);
dcm = D9036::DeviceControl::_unchecked_narrow(obj);

Would you know any situations where either of these two used lines would result in a Run Time Error?

Thanks,

________________________________
Stacey Van Colen | System Developer
Techsupport +32 51 33 19 25
Skype stacey.van.colen.skyline<callto://stacey.van.colen.skyline/>
Skyline Communications
Zandstraat 14 | 8870 Izegem | Belgium
Tel. +32 51 31 35 69 | Fax +32 51 31 01 29
www.skyline.be<http://www.skyline.be>
Awarded Export Lion 2012<http://www.skyline.be/Company/News/21062012.htm> by Flanders Investment & Trade
Awarded Most Promising Enterprise 2011<http://www.skyline.be/Company/News/11102011.htm> by Ernst & Young
DataMiner | Global leader in end-to-end multi-vendor network management
This communication and the information it contains is intended (a) for the person(s) or organization(s) named above and for no other person or organization, and (b) may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful. If you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system.