[omniORB] General exception catched: CORBA.COMM_FAILURE(omniORB.COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalResults, CORBA.COMPLETED_YES)

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu May 23 15:46:12 BST 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-15 at 10:23 +0100, Holger Angele wrote:

> omniORB: From endpoint: giop:tcp:172.20.136.43:6022. Detected GIOP 1.2
> protocol error in input message. giopImpl12.cc:885. Connection is
> closed.
> General exception catched:
> CORBA.COMM_FAILURE(omniORB.COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshalResults,
> CORBA.COMPLETED_YES)
>
> For reproducing this error I made a little application which you found
> in the appending zip-file.

Hi Holger,

Sorry for taking so long to look at this, and thanks for sending an
easy-to-reproduce test case.

There is a bug in the calculation of message offsets that affects the
marshalling of valuetypes when the message size is pre-calculated, and
the message is big enough to span multiple output buffers. I've fixed it
in svn, and it will be in the omniORB 4.1.7 release, in the near future.