[omniORB] timeout associated with omniORB calls

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Jun 11 17:47:28 BST 2013

On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 10:59 +0530, sheena kansal wrote:

[...]
>         so another question, we are hitting lot of
>         omni::TRANSIENT_CallTimedOut errors in a recent time.

[...]
>                                         omniORB::setClientCallTimeout(
>                    l_readyObjRef,15000);
>         if(l_readyObjRef->_non_existent())  <------------

If a call to _non_existent is timing out after 15 seconds, something
very unusual is going on. Such a call should normally complete extremely
quickly.

Is either the client or server under very high load?  Is something
messing with the system clock?

You might like to try running with these options:

  -ORBtraceLevel 25 -ORBtraceInvocations 1 -ORBtraceInvocationReturns 1
  -ORBtraceThreadId 1 -ORBtraceTime 1

That will output loads of debugging and may reveal where the problem is.