[omniORB] Can't compile omniOrb

Dalecki, Janusz jdalecki at tycoint.com
Thu Jul 11 05:12:32 BST 2013

Hi ,
I can't compile the omniORB-4.1.2 - as described in the file README.win32.txt.
I am building omniorb from source using Cygwin a cutdown version & a minimal
    version of Python.

1)      My Cygwin is located in C:\gnuwin32 - so I added C:\gnuwin32\bin to the system path.

2)      Run C:\gnuwin32\bin\checkmounts C:\gnuwin32 (I got warning "mount: warning - /bin does not exist")

3)      I have selected in config.mk platform = x86_win32_vs_8 as I use Visual Studio 2005

4)      Uncommented the line PYTHON = $(ABSTOP)/$(BINDIR)/omnipython in x86_win32_vs_8.mk
When I run "make export" I keep getting this error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python.lib'

I can't find 'python.lib' anywhere on my disk - there is 'python15.lib' in C:\tools\omniORB-4.1.7\lib\x86_win32 folder.
I don't really know what am I doing wrong.
Can somebody please help me?
Regards,
Janusz

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.