[omniORB] Building on Windows 7 for 32-bit ...

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jan 24 16:51:25 GMT 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 15:28 +0000, Marcus MacWilliam wrote:

> I have downloaded OmniORB 4.1.6 from here.

The link you give is for a 64 bit build of omniORB. There isn't a 32 bit
build available so you have to get the source and compile it.

> I have downloaded Python 2.7.3 from here.

I think that's the 32 bit Python installer.

You should download the omniORB source from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/omniorb/files/omniORB/omniORB-4.1.6/omniORB-4.1.6.tar.bz2/download

and the 32-bit Python from here:

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.3/python-2.7.3.msi

Install a recent cygwin, then build according to the instructions in
README.win32.txt. Make sure your path is set up right for the 32 bit
compiler. The easiest way to do that is to use Start -> All Programs ->
Microsoft Visual Studio -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio Command
Prompt. That makes sure your environment is set for the right tools.