[omniORB] Memory Leak (CosNaming::NamingContextExt::_narrow)

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Dec 10 22:48:23 GMT 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 18:38 +0800, Mifflin Mabalot wrote:

> I think there is a bug on CosNaming::NamingContextExt::_narrow.  When
> an omniORB::LOCATION_FORWARD happens, the initially allocated object
> gets orphaned when trying to do a "GIOP::LOCATION_FORWARD -- retry
> request.."  I think cleanup of the initially allocated object should
> be done inside omni::locationForward()

What exactly are the circumstances, and what makes you think there is a
leak?

By design, when an invocation returns with a location forward, omniORB
remembers the original object reference. Then if invocations on the new
location fail, omniORB retries with the original object reference.
That's important for various implementation repository approaches and
for object migration support.