[omniORB] Question on omniorb endpoints

Jayaraman, Thirupurasundari Thirupurasundari.Jayaraman at kla-tencor.com
Mon Dec 9 07:42:35 GMT 2013

All

We have a server application using omniorb version 4.1.4.

Server machine has dual IP. So we have configured endpoints, wherein external IP comes first followed by internal IP in omniorb.cfg file.

We have a client application that talks to this server application using its internal ip.

We found that even though client is using only internal IP, the server is generating traffic on both internal and external network!

We want to limit the traffic only to internal network. We can do that by removing external IP from omniorb.cfg but that makes our implementation complicated.

We have not seen this issue in previous versions of the ORB.

Any pointers as to why traffic is generated on both IPs from server will be very helpful! We are using Open SUSE 12.3 operating system.

Regards
Sundari.