[omniORB] CORBA::TRANSIENT and lag

Sylvain Gault sylvain.gault at inria.fr
Mon Aug 19 20:34:51 BST 2013

Hello,

Sometime, when I call a method on a remote object, I get a
CORBA::TRANSIENT exception. I've been told that in this case, I should
just retry that call.
The traces tells me that these exceptions are due to connections that
fail to be established.
This introduce a lag of at least 21 seconds (between the first call and
the time I get the exception). Sometime 42 seconds when the second call
fail also. This is quite annoying.

Therefore, I have two questions:
What can this be due to?
My trafic shaping may drop some packets sometime, but this even should
be quite rare. Can this be related?
Can I, somehow, shorten the delay between the call start and the
exception throw?

Regards,

Sylvain Gault