[omniORB] CORBA::Double type corrouption issue in python omniORB

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Apr 19 09:57:06 BST 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-19 at 08:57 +0200, Johnny Willemsen wrote:

> I do have seen problems recently with TAO on ARM where endianess is
> causing problems. What is the value you get on the TAO side? Have you
> run the ACE/TAO test suite on the target?

Some ARMs have a bizarre mixed endian double, where the 64-bit double is
split into two 32-bit words in big-endian format but then the 32-bit
words are encoded in little-endian format.

omniORB has specific support for handling thes mixed endian doubles on
ARM. I don't know if TAO does, but I expect this is the cause of your
problem -- either you need to configure TAO to use mixed-endian doubles,
or TAO needs to grow support for them.